REFILL TONER INSTRUCTIONS Hewlett
Packard Laserjet 5500 / 5550 / Colour Laser Cartridges:
(Please note that refilling is a practical task
requiring some tools & practical skills)
1) Using the "Hole Making Tool" make a hole into the Cartridge Toner Hopper
at the position shown in the instructions
2) Empty out all old toner by shaking it out into a bin / bag - seal and
3) Fit the filler Spout / Funnel onto the top of the bottle and cap it.
4) Shake the toner bottle vigorously (This makes the powder flow like
5) Uncap the bottle and insert the filler spout into the hole made in step
6) After the bottle contents have transferred into the Toner cartridge
remove the filler spout and recap the bottle.
7) Using gaffer tape or the plug supplied seal the hole made in cartridge to
8) Fit the chip - if the Old one has expired
9) Fit the refilled cartridge back into the printer
With Chip technology on the cartridges this is more than just a small nuisance
for refillers and recyclers. You don't have to be too cynical to question
whether manufacturers do this deliberately to make it more difficult to
recycle their cartridges and force end users to purchase new cartridges
The Evolution of Chip Technology
The emergence of HP Laserjet 5500 cartridge computer chips has forever changed the toner
cartridge aftermarket. Never before had there existed such an absolute "off"
switch capable of positively locking out the aftermarket. Since their first
widespread emergence in 1996, cartridge chips have exponentially grown in
sophistication. Today, OEMs are utilizing the latest ASIC (Application
Specific Integrated Circuit) designs, as well as cutting-edge encoding
technologies. More information about the evolution of chip technology and
Computer Chip Usage in Toner Cartridges will be added as and when we have
• Empower your business with up to 11 by 17 inch color
laser printing. Dazzle your audience with stunning output
from this feature-rich, value-packed printer.
• Create accurate color, precise drawings, and great images.
Featuring HP ImageREt Laserjet 5500, a suite of advanced printing
technologies, the printer automatically provides
professional, superior print quality. Plus, the uniform size
and spherical shape of HP toner particles in HP Color
LaserJet Smart print cartridges ensure a broad range of
colours and precise placement for accurate color
and excellent image reproduction.1
• Expand the range of printing options in your office. Get
the versatility you need with up to five media trays that
offer an input capacity of up to 2,100-sheets and extensive
media support, including a variety of sizes and weights
from 16 to 53 lb (60 to 200 g/m2).
• Realize the advantages of color without risking the
expense. HP color access controls help you protect your
investment while reaping the benefits of color. Enable or
disable colour by individual users or groups, or disable
color printing entirely.• Step up to improved reliability and
fewer paper jams. HP delivers dependable printing with a proven design and a
robust monthly duty cycle of up to 120,000 sheets. • Save time and effort
with easy, front-door access. With one access point to supplies and only
four, all-in-one print cartridges to order and replace, it couldn’t be
simpler to keep your printer up and running. HP Smart printing supplies1
work with your printer to provide automatic alerts when a cartridge is low
or out, and with HP Laserjet 5500 SureSupply,
you can enjoy convenient online ordering.
• Boost productivity with the generous, four-line graphical
display. The control panel lets you view supply levels at a
glance and provides helpful animations that simplify
interaction with the printer.
• Expect consistent print quality. The printer and supplies
feature innovative HP Smart printing technology1 that uses
internal sensors to automatically optimize color density
and calibration for high-quality results. Chemically-grown
toner formulas and environmental sensors provide reliable
performance throughout the life of the cartridge, while
lowering overall printing costs.
Other Compatible colour toner refill
bottles available for Brother · Epson · HP · QMS · Mannesmann Tally Genicom
· HP colour laserjet 5500 / 5550 · Konica · Samsung · OKI · Lexmark · Xerox Laser